Client Focus: Dominic Ricciardi and Caterquip
In this blog post, I'm going to do something a little different than usual.
Rather than writing about a specific marketing-focused topic, I will instead give an insight into some of the day-to-day work that we do, and some of the people we do that work for.
Therefore, the focus of this blog post will not be about marketing as such, but about a specific client.
That client is Caterquip, who are the largest supplier of second hand and reconditioned catering equipment in the UK. An impressive title to have!
Caterquip was founded by entrepreneur Dominic Ricciardi, and are based in Peterborough.
From its inception in April 1996, Caterquip has grown substantially, taking on more and more staff members, expanding its range of products and services, and accumulating an impressive client base, which includes premium-quality hotels and holiday resorts, to multinational fast-food franchises, and even famous TV chefs!
Having produced many hundreds of satisfied customers over the years, Caterquip have acquired a reputation as being a business of some repute, while additional coverage of both the business, and of Dominic Ricciardi personally, was generated by Dominic's appearance on the highly popular TV show, Dragon's Den.
Their reputation for providing quality products and excellent service ensures that Caterquip have a steady stream of new business flowing in as a result of positive word of mouth, but this is augmented with PPC advertising through Google Adwords.
Adwords has proven to be effective, but also somewhat expensive and inefficient, while analysis showed that the company was getting more business through SEO than they had expected, despite investing only limited time and effort into it.
My task then, is to reduce the company's Adwords spend by ensuring that their website ranks high in the Google search results for the keywords which they are currently bidding on via Adwords, in order to capture this traffic through the substantially more affordable method of SEO, as opposed to the pricier option of Adwords.
It is also my job to update the general on-site SEO of the website and bring it up to scratch with Google's most recent guidelines, to ensure that it is in the best shape possible to benefit from SEO for years to come.
Some of the methods I will use to achieve these goals include:
- Producing regular, very high quality blog content, which I will then promote across social media to generate backlinks, social shares, website traffic and company brand awareness
- Increasing the word count of every important page of the website until each of them have at least 1500 words of text content on them
- Optimising the on-site SEO of the website; particularly of the most important pages on the site (i.e. product and category pages, the homepage etc.)
- Ensuring that the Caterquip website is optimised for local SEO by building citations, and by ensuring that its Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP) details are displayed prominently and consistently across the website, and across the internet as a whole
- Identifying which are the most lucrative, relevant and easily achievable keywords for the Caterquip website to rank high for, and then carrying out both on-site and off-site SEO to ensure that the website ranks as highly as possible for these keywords
It is an honour and a privilege to be working with a company like Caterquip, and I look forward to helping them secure more clients and more business over what I hope will be a long and fruitful business relationship.